The European doctorate label
The European doctorate label is a system to certify the European and international dimension of the doctorate.
- acquisition of new skills
- development of an international professional network
- international career opportunities
The European doctorate label is different from thesis co-supervision, but can be added to it.
The different steps
Step 1 During the doctorate
- A research stay of at least three months in a European country other than the country of defense and enrolment
Step 2 Before the thesis defense
- Notification when the thesis defense is due to be filed
- Pre-defense reports prepared by at least two higher education institution professors, from two different European countries, other than the country of defense and enrolment
Step 3 During the thesis defense
- At least one jury member from a higher education institution in a European State other than the country of defense and enrolment
- The viva is carried out in a national European language other than the national language(s) of the country of defense and enrolment
Step 4 After the thesis defense
- An "European doctorate" certificate is delivered by the University of Bordeaux, in parallel with the doctoral qualification
Project officer "Cotutelle Doctoral Program"
351 Crs de la Libération (Tram B - Arrêt Forum ou Peixotto)
Bât. A33 - RDC - Bur. 059
33405 Talence CEDEX
05 40 00 27 01
Contacter par courriel