The cotutelle doctoral program (double degree)
The doctoral student is enrolled in two partner institutions, the University of Bordeaux and a foreign one, in order to obtain two qualifications (double degree).
Currently, the University of Bordeaux has more than 240 cotutelle doctoral students, with nearly 110 partner institutions in Canada, Spain, Germany, Italy, Tunisia, Lebanon, USA etc. The cotutelle doctoral program offers many advantages with respect of the career pursuit :
Exceptional benefits throughout the doctorate period
- being a doctoral student in two partner institutions
- a strong mobility
- a double expertise in the work supervision
- access to disciplinary and/or transversal training in both partner institutions
- a double doctoral degree at the end of a single defense
And many advantages for the career pursuit of doctors:
- acquisition of new skills
- development of an international professional network
How to set up a doctorate in cotutelle?
Do you have any other questions?
You can consult the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) : https://college-doctoral.u-bordeaux.fr/en/The-doctorate/Frequently-asked-questions2
Recruitment in progress
Project Officer for the Cotutelle Doctoral Program
Peixotto Campus - Build. A33 – Off. 59
351 cours de la Libération (Tram B – Stop Forum or Peixotto)
33405 TALENCE Cedex
+33 (0)5 40 00 27 01
Contact by email