My thesis in 180s 2021 edition
180 seconds to present your research, 3 minutes to share your passion!
This competition, co-organized on a national level by the CNRS and the Conference of University Presidents, consists in presenting your research topic in simple terms and before a diverse and lay audience. Your 3-minute presentation should be clear, concise and yet convincing about your research project.
Conditions of participation
- To be enrolled as a doctoral student in 2020-2021 at the University of Bordeaux or to have obtained his or her doctorate during the two previous academic years, i.e. 2019-2020 and 2018-2019 (in 2021 due to the health crisis, the participation of doctoral students is exceptionally extended)
- Accept and authorize the use and distribution of videos and photos related to the contest, particularly on social networks.
- To have informed his thesis supervisor of his participation in the competition
- Present a sufficient progress report on the doctoral research project
- Speak in French
- Read the candidate's handbook published by the CPU and the CNRS.
- Last year's candidates may re-register if they wish and still meet the application criteria.
- Each candidate must complete the online form and send the completed and signed registration form, along with a photo, to the Graduate Research School before Monday, January 4, 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application will be validated only with the sending of the signed form.
- Communication and speaking training provided by professionals to learn how to communicate and popularize your passion for research in January and February.
- Support for the presentation during participation in the various finals: Bordeaux University, then the regional, national and international grouping, in front of a jury composed of representatives of culture and scientific communication, the economic world, HR and the media.
Depending on the health situation, the trainings can take place by visio.
Before Monday January ', 2021
Application (online form, registration form and photo) by email to email@example.com
January / February 2021
Participation in the joint training for candidates from the two Bordeaux universities.
4h : work on the content and writing of the 3-minute text
Online registration in early January after sending the application forms via your personal ADUM account.
End of February 2021
Semi-final University of Bordeaux (if necessary depending on the number of registered students)
Friday March 5, 2021
Final of the University of Bordeaux (with the 4 winning doctoral students of the University 2020)
Thursday March 18, 2021 (to confirm
Final of the regional grouping at the University of La Rochelle
4 candidates from each university: University of Bordeaux, University Bordeaux Montaigne, University of La Rochelle and University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, compete in this final. Two laureates are selected for the national semi-final.
April 1 to 3, 2021
Semi-final in Paris
National final in Reims
International final in Paris
- Download the national booklet of the candidate of My thesis in 180
- Complete the online form
- Download the registration form to My Thesis in 180s of the UNiversity of Bordeaux and send it to the Graduate Research School
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiter the website : My thesis in 180s